Adopt an Angel - THANK YOU!
A HUGE thank you to the donors and volunteers who made the 2107 Adopt an Angel event the biggest it’s ever been. With your help we served over 930 children. Adopt an Angel, is a Summit County-based program that is in its 23rd year. On Tuesday, December 12, 2017, we transformed the Silverthorne Pavilion into a toy factory, where thousands of gifts were given to pre-approved families and children. Santa’s helpers were on hand to spread cheer and help families pick their gifts. Any remaining toys were given to local nonprofits that work with kids.
Last year, Adopt an Angel allowed approximately 800 children and 367 families to enjoy a brighter holiday season. Due to the program’s overwhelming success and a need for broader assistance, the Town of Silverthorne and the Silverthorne Police Department are transitioning the coordination of the Adopt an Angel program over to the Family & Intercultural Resource Center (FIRC).
This event would not be possible without donors and volunteers. Thank you to everyone who made 2017 a wonderful success.
How to Give
- You can purchase gifts for any child ages 0-17. Please drop off the new unwrapped gift at a FIRC OFFICE in Silverthorne or Breckenridge, police or fire department or
the Breckenridge or Silverthorne Recreation Center by 5 pm, December 8. FIRC Offices are closed on FRIDAYS so please use the other locations on the 8th
- We have trees located at many businesses around the county. You can select an ornament and shop for any child ages 0-17
- Financial donations are used to purchase needed gifts. Please donate online or you can mail checks to FIRC P.O. Box 1636 Silverthorne, CO 80498 and marke Adopt an Angel in the memo.
- We need help gift wrapping, setting up and tearing down. There are over 100 volunteer positions needed in order to make this event a success. Please signup online.
In Need of Gifts
- If you are struggling with finances an unable to give your children gifts this holiday season, please contact FIRC and make an appointment. We would be happy to meet you and discuss Adopt an Angel and other issues affecting your stability. Please call 970-262-3888.
- People receiving gifts MUST BE SIGNED UP BY NOVEMBER 29 in order to receive gifts.
Donate Online to Adopt an Angel
|Breck Grand Vacations||BRECK|
|Breck REC Center||BRECK|
|Breckenridge Elementary School||BRECK|
|Coldwell Banker Breck||BRECK|
|Peak a Boo Toys||BRECK|
|Red White and Blue||BRECK|
|Sauce on Maggie||BRECK|
|Wyndham Vaca Rentals||BRECK|
|City Market (starting 11/26)||DILLON|
|Dillon Community Church||DILLON|
|Altus Training Center||FRISCO|
|Base Camp Liquor||FRISCO|
|Frisco Info Center||FRISCO|
|St Anthony’s Summit Med Center||FRISCO|
|Stork & Bear||FRISCO|
|Summit Middle School||FRISCO|
|Keystone Lodge & Spa||KEYSTONE|
|Outlets Welcome Center||SILVERTHORNE|
|Red Buffalo Coffee||SILVERTHORNE|
|USFS Ranger District||SILVERTHORNE|
|Wildernest Property Management||SILVERTHORNE|
|Pour House||SUMMIT COVE|
|Summit Cove Elementary||SUMMIT COVE|