Health First Colorado - Medicaid
Low-cost insurance for children, individuals and families
Health First Colorado, Colorado’s Medicaid Program, is free or low cost public health insurance for Coloradans who qualify. Health First Colorado can cover your doctor visits, emergency care, preventative care such as screenings and immunizations, and other procedures and treatments. Coloradans who made too much money to qualify in the past, but not enough to pay for their own health insurance may now qualify for Health First Colorado. This new coverage could help restaurant workers, housekeepers, home health aides, child care workers and many other workers.
Low-income adults without children will be guaranteed coverage through Health First Colorado in every state without need for a waiver, and parents of children will be eligible at a uniform income level across all states. Health First Colorado and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) eligibility and enrollment will be much simpler and will be coordinated with the newly created Affordable Insurance Exchanges.
Health First Colorado Household Income Limits
|Family Size||Adults||Children||Pregnant Women|
Items to Bring to your Appointment (please bring as much as possible)
- Birth certificates or passports for all applicants
- Applicant/non-applicant address information (Document has to have the address on it, PO Boxes will not be considered.
- Social security number for all applying
- Government Identification – Driver’s license, etc.,
- Pay stubs of all dependents, spouse and applicant (at least the last 3 months)
- W-2 forms (if self employed you should bring your W-9)
- Verification of other income (pension, retirement, investments, etc.)
- Information about current health insurance (if applicable)
- Information about job-related insurance you may qualify for (even if you’re not enrolled for it.)
Make an Appointment
Make an appointment with a FIRC Health Navigator at our Breckenridge or Silverthorne locations.