Summit Thrift & Treasure Sales & Receiving Associate
Serving its community for over 20 years, the Family & Intercultural Resource Center (FIRC) is a non-profit organization that aims to enhance the quality of life in Summit County by providing information, assistance and education to families, immigrants and refugees. The FIRC fosters collaboration among community agencies and businesses and advocates for family and cultural competence.
Summit Thrift & Treasure (STT) is Summit County’s largest nonprofit thrift store, with all proceeds going to support the programs of the FIRC. The FIRC employs a Store Manager, Assistant Manager, regular staff and volunteers. The STT General Manager provides oversight and leadership for the operations, personnel, budget, marketing, community relations, business/community partnerships and strategic planning for the store.
General responsibilities of the Sales Associate position include:
- Greet customers and assist each customer with wants or needs
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices
- Receive, sort, price and dispose of donation items
- Ticket, arrange and display merchandise to promote sales
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise
- Cashiers: Open and close cash register, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
- Other duties as assigned by STT General Manager and STT Assistant Managers
General requirements of the position include:
- Excellent people/customer service skills;
• Honesty, integrity, and responsiveness to the needs of diverse cultures;
• Scheduling flexibility;
• Knowledge of brands, primarily with regard to clothing.
Please email all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org