Health Navigator Job Description
The Family and Intercultural Resource Center has been serving Summit County, Colorado, since 1993 through parenting education, emergency assistance and community support, a food bank, cultural integration and affordable thrift stores. We are a 501(c) 3 nonprofit working to build strong families and a strong community by providing people with the tools and education to be successful parents and community members.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Thursday, that reports directly to the Health Team Manager. Evening and/or weekend work may be required.
General responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist individuals and families in completing, submitting, and troubleshooting Medicaid and CHP+ applications
- Assist individuals and families understand and apply for tax credits for the purchase of private insurance plans through the Connect for Health Colorado Marketplace
- Perform outreach to identify and contact families eligible for, but not enrolled in, these programs
- Serve as a local source of information on Medicaid/CHP+ and Marketplace insurance programs, including staying up to date on key changes that may affect eligibility or the application process
- Meet one-on-one with families/individuals applying for CHP+/Medicaid or marketplace tax credits
- Contact the Marketplace and clients for follow-up to track progress in areas of concern and offer additional services, information, and advocacy as needed
- Perform outreach with community partners and for the public
- Approach work with families and individuals from a “strengths-based” perspective, emphasizing strengths, resources, and opportunities
- Co-locate at least one day per week at a local medical provider office, the Summit Care Clinic
General requirements of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Honesty, integrity, a sensitivity to the needs and differences of diverse cultures and the ability to respect client confidentiality at all times;
- At minimum, an intermediate level of spoken and written Spanish;
- Excellent people/customer service skills;
- Basic PC computer skills in Microsoft Office products and the ability to learn program-specific database entry and development
- High stress management proficiency
- Effective time organization when managing multiple priorities
All applicants with the ability to exhibit the above will be considered. However, any applicants with the following skills and experience will be given priority:
- Social Work, Human Service, or related experience, skills or knowledge
- A 4-year college degree preferred, but not required
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS This is a full time year round position. FIRC pays 75% of employee’s health, vision, and dental insurance and offers a 3% match on a 403B plan. The work schedule for this position is 4 days a week with some flexibility around start and finish time. Send resume to email@example.com.
The Family & Intercultural Resource Center (FIRC) does not discriminate on the basic of race, color, gender, national origin, creed, ancestry, religion, age, disability, sexual expression or veteran status.
FIRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summit Thrift & Treasure Sales & Receiving Associate
Serving its community for over 20 years, the Family & Intercultural Resource Center (FIRC) is a non-profit organization that aims to enhance the quality of life in Summit County by providing information, assistance and education to families, immigrants and refugees. The FIRC fosters collaboration among community agencies and businesses and advocates for family and cultural competence.
Summit Thrift & Treasure (STT) is Summit County’s largest nonprofit thrift store, with all proceeds going to support the programs of the FIRC. The FIRC employs a Store Manager, Assistant Manager, regular staff and volunteers. The STT General Manager provides oversight and leadership for the operations, personnel, budget, marketing, community relations, business/community partnerships and strategic planning for the store.
General responsibilities of the Sales Associate position include:
- Greet customers and assist each customer with wants or needs
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices
- Receive, sort, price and dispose of donation items
- Ticket, arrange and display merchandise to promote sales
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise
- Cashiers: Open and close cash register, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
- Other duties as assigned by STT General Manager and STT Assistant Managers
General requirements of the position include:
- Excellent people/customer service skills;
• Honesty, integrity, and responsiveness to the needs of diverse cultures;
• Scheduling flexibility;
• Knowledge of brands, primarily with regard to clothing.
Please email all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org