Text topics feature articles on children and teen:
People who sign up for Parenting Support Text Alerts will receive two texts a month to give you tips on various topics all with the goal of helping you be a strong and informed parent. en español
Yes, I would like to receive Parenting Support Text Alerts
Benefits of getting your kids and yourself outside
- For more information about the benefits of getting your kids and yourself outside click below
Brain Development and Executive Function
- Learn more about how brain development and executive function affects development and decision making in children and teens.
Breathing & Mindfulness
- BREATHE… JUST BREATHE… IN THE RUSH OF LIFE IT CAN BE HARD TO CALM DOWN AND EVEN HARDER TO TEACH OUR KIDS. Mindfulness can help you and your child calm down and focus better. Find strategies and a list of age-appropriate apps here:.
Vaping and Substance Abuse
- You’re hearing a lot about tobacco, nicotine, and vaping. The best way to stop the addiction is to prevent kids from ever starting.
Getting Ready for Kindergarten
- Knowing their ABC’s, counting to 10, how to grip a pencil or crayon, and more can help your child feel ready for kindergarten.
Health and Nutrition
- HealthyChildren.org provides a wide variety of resources around nutrition including recipes and ways to talk about health.
Early Childhood Development Ages 0-3
- The Zero to Three website offers resources for development, early learning and strengthening parent connections.
Talk to your kids about Marijuana
- Learn about marijuana use, how to talk to your kids and affects on brain development.
Other Parent Resources
- More information on cyber bullying, communication and more.
Virtual Parenting Workshop Library
Nurturing Parenting 5/14/2020- Comprendiendo y manejando las emociones
Nurturing Parenting 5/28/2020- Reglas y Rutinas
Nurturing Parenting 6/11/2020- Disciplina Positiva
Nurturing Parenting 6/25/2020- Manejando el estres y dinamicas de familia durante la Pandemia