FIRC believes parents are the first and most important teacher in a child’s life. Through virtual home visits, parenting workshops and groups FIRC’s Families United program works to achieve the following:
- Strengthen the bond between parents and children
- Give parents the tools to be the best teacher to their children
- Give children the best start to life
- Education of positive parenting skills and child development
- Enter kindergarten ready to learn
- Encourage parent engagement throughout a child’s education
For more information on our parenting and early childhood development resources contact FIRC at 970-455-0226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- FIRC offers free virtual workshops on a variety of topics to support parents with children ages 0-12. Check our events calendar for upcoming dates. New topics are covered every month.
Virtual Home Visits
- FIRC’s one-on-one virtual home visits are for parents with children ages 0-5. Parent educators work with families to build connections, achieve developmental milestones and prepare the child to enter kindergarten. Connection to resources is also a big part of this program. Participants must commit to two virtual connections a month.
Tips and Resources
- We use reliable resources to give parents relatable and real-life tips to support your children’s growth on a variety of topics. Learn more about our parenting texts and our library of resources.
- FIRC provides virtual parenting groups for fathers and Grupo de Apoyo ALMA for Spanish-speaking parents.