Donate a Gift
Presents must be turned in by December 9
- How the Trees Work
Adopt an Angel, is a Summit County-based program that is in its 22nd year. On December 14, 2016, we’ll transform the Silverthorne Pavilion into a toy factory, where thousands of gifts will be given to pre-approved families and children. Santa’s helpers will be on hand to spread cheer and help families pick their gifts. Any remaining toys will be given to local nonprofits that work with kids.
Last year, Adopt an Angel allowed approximately 562 children and 254 families to enjoy a brighter holiday season. Due to the program’s overwhelming success and a need for broader assistance, the Town of Silverthorne and the Silverthorne Police Department are transitioning the coordination of the Adopt an Angel program over to the Family & Intercultural Resource Center (FIRC).
The staff at FIRC is honored to be working closely with the TOS and SPD to support this important community program. Our goal is to create a more sustainable program that can help even more local families.
FIRC is accepting financial donations to help us purchase toys and clothing for children this holiday season. We also have trees with angels on them throughout the community where you can purchase a gift for a certain child. Gifts need to be returned to FIRC by December 9.
Volunteer to Help
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the FIRC’s Adopt an Angel program! The event will take place this year on Wednesday, December 14th at the Silverthorne Pavilion.
Volunteers Needed: GIFT WRAPPING
Volunteers are needed to help with wrapping gifts. You may sign up for shifts lasting from one hour to all day in length — 1-2 hour shifts are recommended as you’ll be standing. Wrapping paper/supplies are provided, of course. Groups are encouraged to sign up but will need to be signed up individually. Please go to this link to signup for gift wrapping:
Volunteers Needed: SETUP/SORT GIFTS
Volunteers are needed on Sunday, 12/11 – Tuesday 12/13 to help sort and setup donations for Adopt an Angel at the Silverthorne Pavilion.
For other volunteer opportunities, please contact the FIRC’s Adopt an Angel Program Manager at [email protected] or 970-389-8617.
Thank you to the following locations for hosting Angel Trees
- Silverthorne, Breckenridge, Frisco, Dillon and the Sheriff’s Police Departments
- Red White and Blue Fire Department
- FIRC Offices in Silverthorne & Breckenridge
- Breckenridge & Silverthorne Recreation Centers
- South Branch Library
- Breckenridge Businesses – High Country Healthcare Caldwell Banker and Peek-A-Boo Toys
- Silverthorne Businesses – High Country Healthcare and Red Mountain Buffalo Coffee Shop
- Frisco Businesses – High Country Healthcare, Information Center, Rio Grande, Whole Foods, Rivers, Shoe Inn, Next Page Book Store, Kaiser Permanente, Wilderness Prooperty Management, Summit Community and Senior Center