Adopt an Angel
Adopt an Angel, is a Summit County-based program that is in its 23rd year. On Tuesday, December 12, 2017, we’ll transform the Silverthorne Pavilion into a toy factory, where thousands of gifts will be given to pre-approved families and children. Santa’s helpers will be on hand to spread cheer and help families pick their gifts. Any remaining toys will be given to local nonprofits that work with kids.
Last year, Adopt an Angel allowed approximately 800 children and 367 families to enjoy a brighter holiday season. Due to the program’s overwhelming success and a need for broader assistance, the Town of Silverthorne and the Silverthorne Police Department are transitioning the coordination of the Adopt an Angel program over to the Family & Intercultural Resource Center (FIRC).
FIRC is accepting financial donations to help us purchase toys and clothing for children this holiday season. We also have trees with angels on them throughout the community where you can purchase a gift for a certain child. Gifts need to be returned to FIRC by December 8.
How to Give
- You can purchase gifts for any child ages 0-17. Please drop off the new unwrapped gift at a FIRC OFFICE in Silverthorne or Breckenridge, police or fire department or
the Breckenridge or Silverthorne Recreation Center by 5 pm, December 8.
- Financial donations are used to purchase needed gifts. Please donate online or you can mail checks to FIRC P.O. Box 1636 Silverthorne, CO 80498 and marke Adopt an Angel in the memo.
- We need help gift wrapping, setting up and tearing down. There are over 100 volunteer positions needed in order to make this event a success. Please signup online.
In Need of Gifts
- If you are struggling with finances an unable to give your children gifts this holiday season, please contact FIRC and make an appointment. We would be happy to meet you and discuss Adopt an Angel and other issues affecting your stability. Please call 970-262-3888.
- People receiving gifts MUST BE SIGNED UP BY NOVEMBER 29 in order to receive gifts.